Posted Aug 3
VRChat is hiring a
2D Artist - Graphic Designer
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
Join the VRChat Art Team and help build VRChat’s brand look, support Client Feature Development (such as UI, SDK), and assist in Community Messaging, Marketing, and Event campaigns. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact on our massive global community of users.
Job & Team Impact
As a graphic designer, you’ll collaborate on a variety of projects from various teams within VRChat. This will include helping with Developer Blogs, technical art for the VRChat App, Release graphics (Steam / Oculus storefronts), and more.
Basically, be ready to tackle any project that comes across your desk. Be willing to learn new skills, and techniques, and iterate on your work as the scope and needs of a project evolve. Being a flexible team player is as important as raw skills!
Duties & Responsibilities
- UI / Client Team support: Create concepts for upcoming UI, Design example content to help the Design team iterate on feature development and UI layouts, format and deliver engine-ready artwork
- Create Art for VRChat Communications: Blogs (Key art and in-line graphics), Documentation support (technical graphic designs), Social Media, Tutorials & Help Content, Events, and Creator Jams
- Publish and Maintain Menu Banners using VRChat’s internal tools,
- Conduct in-app Photoshoot and videography sessions: including avatar cutout and image adjustments for Graphics Library assets, strong Composition, Color Correction, and Photo touch-up skills needed!
- Support VRChat’s Storefront Graphic Design: Steam, Oculus, Vive et cetera
- Help Organize and Maintain and expand VRChat’s Graphic Library, Templates: Menu Banners, Storefront Designs, Messaging assets, Logos, icons, badges, Key art Assets: Images and backdrops
- Support the Business Development team to create, adapt, and format artwork for partnerships, Provide shareable graphic elements, and organized source files for partnerships, Provide Technical specs and example files for third-party designers
- Keep up with current design trends and be able to adapt relevant elements for the VRChat brand
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ Years of professional Graphic Design Experience, working with clients and stakeholders
- Strong Portfolio showing Typography, Graphic Design, Color Theory, and Informational Architecture
- Expert Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- UI / UX experience (Sketch, Figma, InVision, or similar)
- Creative Cloud (or similar) Knowledge related to remote collaboration and asset management
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator!
- Experience working in Unity 3d
- Video production experience (Adobe Premiere / After Effects)
- Experience with a 3d program such as Blender, Cinema 4D, Maya or similar
- Photography Experience (specifically fashion or product focused)
- Experience with graphic design for apparel (formatting for Screen printing or embroidery)
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.