Niantic is hiring a
AR User Experience Designer (Contract)
Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build games that encourage movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. We are seeking experienced AR User Experience Designers to help craft the future of Niantic's games, and platform technology.
This is a contractor position and the work should be performed based on service agreement and SOW. Niantic will not offer Contractor direct employment contract, salary, benefits, equities, or any compensation associated with employment.
- Create user interaction design systems, UX flow wireframes, and user interface designs for Niantic’s current projects and experimental AR platform initiatives.
- Create high level and detailed design materials to express spatial design concepts to a cross-functional team for execution.
- Brainstorm ideas and create prototypes to help find innovative, usable solutions to Niantic’s many UX and AR experience challenges.
- Iterate on designs and help fine-tune experiences based on research study outcomes, feedback from key collaborators/leadership, and product goals.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and research to build fun and exciting real-world/AR experiences.
- 3+ years of comparable professional experience in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, and/or product design is required.
- Portfolio of work showcasing relevant samples of interaction design for mobile applications, mobile AR, and/or spatial design concepts (e.g., augmented reality, virtual reality, video games, or similar).
- Portfolio showing strength in end-to-end design process and generating relevant artifacts from concept to production (including design handoff) at a level of detail that drives alignment and understanding across a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work closely with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to test and iterate on design ideas.
- Experience working effectively and sometimes asynchronously with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for and understanding of augmented reality and its potential.
The salary range for this role is $61.00 - $78.00 per hour.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.