Niantic is hiring a
Associate Product Marketing Manager, Platform & Partnerships
Want to help define the future of one of mobile gaming’s most beloved titles? The Pokémon GO team is hiring an Associate Product Marketing Manager for our online Webstore and strategic partnerships. We are seeking an individual that can help lead Pokémon GO’s continued growth and momentum for many years to come. Be a part of setting the strategic marketing vision and go-to-market plan for a game that still to this day, transforms lives and creates unforgettable memories.
Part creative, part analytical, this role will require your strategic and tactical skills to help develop and lead our growth marketing plans through our strategic mobile platform partners (Apple and Google), our first-party Webstore, and key strategic external partners. Through these critical channels and partners, you will forge pathways for Pokémon GO to generate new users, delight existing trainers, and grow our overall revenue opportunity. During your time here, you’ll work closely together with a team of hardworking and passionate product managers, business development leads, game producers, and marketers to conceptualize and implement impactful go-to-market plans and lead the partner and platform marketing strategy.
- Build, manage, and execute upon Pokémon GO’s growth strategy and Go-To-Market campaigns with Apple, Google, and other key strategic partners while supervising all relevant marketing channels (Social Media, Direct Marketing, Web, PR, Paid UA etc.).
- Develop the Go-To-Market, acquisition, and conversion strategy for the Pokémon GO Webstore. Partner with our product management team and key cross functional partners to generate tactics for accelerating our overall revenue and monetization for the game.
- Build, manage, and execute the marketing budget and investments to support go-to-market planning for our Web store platform, our mobile app store partners, and our external strategic partnerships.
- Partner with Niantic Business Development teams to grow the business through strategic partnerships and developing supporting go-to-market strategies and marketing campaigns with a data-driven focus on achieving core business results and KPIs.
- Represent the Pokémon GO business priorities, own the strategic marketing relationship, and manage the editorial calendar to ensure growth with and through app store partner channels.
- Champion new game feature and content launches by securing high visibility digital placement through our mobile app store partners and external partners.
- Track and work towards key performance goals including: user acquisition and revenue.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- Co-author the strategy and facilitate the investments for any co-marketing campaigns development with strategic partners.
- Conduct return on investment analyses on marketing campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Monday (preferred) and Wednesday (required).
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience in marketing and/or partner development.
- Product Marketing, direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership, management, and social skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission.
- Native in English; business level communication in Japanese is a plus.
- Able to travel, including domestically within the United States and internationally.
- Avid player of Niantic games.
- Business experience in an international environment.
- Experience as a Product Marketing Manager.
- Experience managing relationships with external partners.
- Mobile game industry experience.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $87,000 - $102,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic's global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and then Pokémon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens of millions of people each month. Niantic’s Lightship platform, which powers Pokémon GO, also supports the company's other games including Pikmin Bloom, Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers use Niantic’s platform to build their own AR applications and experiences, either with the Lightship Platform or directly through the web with 8th Wall.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.