Magic Leap is hiring a
Associate, Software Engineer, Graphics Systems
We are seeking a Graphics Engineer to focus on Mixed Reality (MR) graphics system design and forward-looking research and development.
This position will offer you the chance to work closely with both hardware engineers and other cross-platform software engineers to design, develop, debug and deploy many functional aspects of the rendering architecture, including the application interface to the display.
If you are a fast learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology, come join us in redefining the way people experience the world through unique Spatial Computing technologies.
- Design, implement, validate, integrate and write test coverages for graphics algorithms
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Work hand-in-hand with all the key stakeholders and developers across the company contributing to the graphics pipeline
- Help drive the integration and development of necessary tooling and automation (profiling, testing/verification, monitoring, etc) that allows the team to move faster and more confidently
- Review and provide feedback to peer developer’s code in the team to ensure highest code quality
- Document work, create technical documentation as needed
- 1+ years of software development experience with C, C++ and C#
- 1+ years of experience implementing and optimizing graphics algorithms with game engines such as Unity and Unreal using DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of modern 3D graphics applications using modern rendering APIs, like DirectX, OpenGL, and Vulkan
- Proficient with writing vertex, fragment, and compute shaders using shading languages such as Cg, HLSL, GLSL, and SPIR-V
- Experience with GPU optimization for increased frame-rate and reduced latency a plus
- Experience with C/C++ or C# or Python
- Familiarity with Graphics debug tools like RenderDoc and Systrace
- Ready to use professional coding practices (code reviews, incremental and unit testing, Agile/Scrum processes, etc)
- Excellent communication skills required
- Must be able to relocate to work from either CA or FL
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.