Magic Leap is hiring a
Battery System Integration Consultant
If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills and play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
Job DescriptionMagic Leap is seeking a Consultant with 15+ years experience to join the hardware team working on our next generation products. We are looking for a subject matter expert in integration of lithium ion batteries in mobile electronics.
- Deep knowledge in lithium metal/lithium-ion materials, chemistry and battery components, aging modes and performance modeling
- Subject Matter Expert on integrating battery products in mobile devices
- Identify lithium-ion battery technologies including chemistry/cell/pack
- Experience with power management design for mobile electronics
- Experience in battery testing and battery safety & reliability
- Experience designing battery system features such as fuel gauging, dead battery recovery, battery savings modes, etc.
- Working with chargers, PD controllers, USBC standards.
- Experience researching and developing new technologies from concept to productization
- Battery definition / Battery Management System design (BMS)
- Battery life optimization
- Charger design
- USBC standard & Power Delivery
- Cadence or other schematics/layout tools
- Analog / Digital circuit design
- PMIC, VRM, DC/DC & LDO design
- Must work well with interdisciplinary groups.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a related field (Computer Engineering or other) is required. MS or PhD is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.