Roblox is hiring a
Build Engineering Manager
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Build Engineering Manager on our Game Engine team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. The software your team will help build is a very complex application that empowers our global community of 2M+ developers to push the boundaries of interactive gaming. You and your team will work on every part of our build and automation systems, from the scripts that power the release process to optimization of the compilation process itself. If you enjoy working on modern C++ and automation software alongside-accomplished and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our-growing game engine team.
- A leader with experience and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Capable of improving the efficiency of engineering teams, and you enjoy improving existing tools and authoring new ones
- Experienced with Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Create reliable systems
- You are keen to learn, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- You have worked with C++ before, but you are familiar with many others (Python, Lua, C#), and could build expertise quickly
- You have used CMake, MSBuild, Xcode, Ninja, or other related tools. You understand how they work and are comfortable working on scripts written for these tools. You understand how the C++ build process works and have ideas on how to reduce build times
- Lead Game Engine's build engineering team by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Manage and maintain the build system for the Roblox game engine, which will power the experiences of millions of users on the Roblox platform
- Implement engineering best practices and strategies
- Reduce build times for the Game Engine with other software engineers
- Automate existing workflows on the Game Engine team, using tools like GitHub actions or TeamCity
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycles
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.