Roblox is hiring a
Business Operations Associate
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Business Operations (BizOps) Associate, you will be the ultimate data expert and thrive on solving analytical problems, driving operational insights, and communicating solutions directly to the senior team. You'll help define and drive strategic, operational and organizational optimizations across the company.
The BizOps team works on important operational projects including user growth, user engagement and monetization, strategic partnerships, and the Roblox developer community. The team will have meaningful exposure to our Founder and CEO and will work with a broad array of departments including Product, Business Development, Engineering, Marketing, People, FP&A and Developer Relations.
You have experience in an analytical role (i.e., investment banking, management consulting, corporate development), a Bachelor's degree, and an understanding of finance and the public markets. A willingness to be mentored and learn aspects of the business will be essential for success in the role, as will be the ability to exhibit autonomy in your analysis and mastery of the material.
You will report into our Director, Business Operations. This full-time, hybrid position is located at our headquarters in San Mateo, California.
- 1+ years in an investment bank (or private equity, consulting, or corporate development organization)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics or other quantitative fields (math, science, finance/accounting)
- Experience with SQL, MicroStrategy, Tableau and other business intelligence tools
- Investigative and logical skills
- Advanced skills for using Excel (to analyze data and create financial and operational models) and PowerPoint to communicate analysis
- Exposure to emerging, high-growth companies in the technology or internet sectors
- Become an expert on Roblox's unique business model
- Be a part of the BizOps team that reports to the Chief Financial Officer
- Develop our annual strategic and financial plan
- Track insight regarding the main operating metrics across the company
- Work across functional groups to optimize performance and future growth opportunities
- Provide corporate development support by researching potential acquisition candidates, building business cases and creating financial models for multiple acquisitions, partnerships and initiatives
- Create materials to communicate strategic priorities and findings to senior management
- Prepare monthly reports for management and the Board of Directors emphasizing operational/financial performance metrics, historical results, forecasts and trends
- Work with the CFO and VP, Finance daily on key operational and financial issues
- Have exposure to Roblox's founder and CEO, board members and investors
- Able to develop an understanding of business issues and craft well thought out solutions
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.