Posted Nov 17
VRChat is hiring a
Chief Of Staff
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device. VRChat has raised $100M to date with the support of investors Makers Fund, Anthos Capital and HTC and is building out a strong team to achieve hyper-growth in the coming years.
The Chief Of Staff is a trusted proxy and an operational lever for the CPO & EVP. This person will play a key role in translating the CPO & EVP’s priorities and direction into actionable plans and running the day-to-day operations of the product organization. The Chief of Staff must be exceptionally organized, an adept project manager, highly credible, approachable and experienced at working with senior leaders across the company.
The role reports into the CPO & EVP at VRChat, and will work closely with various stakeholders on the executive leadership team, the heads of various functions, and periodically interact with the VRChat Board as well.
- Run key operational rhythm meetings for CPO/EVP (ensuring high-quality preparation for the meetings, capturing notes, and follow-through on action items).
- Run special projects that cut across functions (e.g troubleshoot collaboration issues, one-off investigations, internal/external benchmarking).
- Prep Board meeting materials leveraging inputs from multiple key stakeholders.
- Ensure CPO/EVP is focused on and prepared for their highest-value time investments; effectively triaging demands on their time and manage/delegate distractions.
- Ensure CPO/EVP has the right information at the right time to make good decisions.
- Effectively manage, delegate and/or ensure accountability on all initiatives and deliverables initiated by or involving the CPO/EVP.
- Serve as the CPO/EVP’s confidante and thought partner, helping them keep a finger on the pulse of the organization (across the lifecycle of problems - from spotting them, to generating solutions, through keeping track of solution implementation).
- Become a well respected proxy for the CPO/EVP through a deep understanding of the business and its people.
- Ensure the organization has a clear and reliable operating rhythm that drives accountability and excellence in execution, as well as communication and alignment among senior leadership.
- Support internal communications on behalf of the CPO/EVP, including by facilitating a regular drumbeat of internal engagements that inspire, motivate and align the team.
- Communicate and operationalize the culture & values so that it is deeply integrated into the fabric of how the organization works.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, is required. MBA a plus.
- Top-tier consumer technology, consulting, or venture capital background with longevity in previous roles is strongly preferred.
- Prior exposure to and knowledge of games/mobile gaming business is a plus.
- Experience working with senior executives in a fast-paced, agile environment - approaching the job with a great sense of urgency, initiative and juggling multiple priorities.
- Operate under ambiguity and make decisions that reflect the CPO/EVP’s and the company’s best interests.
- Project management skills with the ability to set goals and prioritize programs.
- Analytical, observant, and strategic, applying the right balance between data and qualitative information to decision-making and change management.
- Strong data and analytical expertise, knowledgeable and comfortable with financial P&Ls, and product KPIs.
- Use frameworks to help structure the team's thinking and promote agreement on important decisions among team members.
- Track record of proposing process and behavior solutions that drive efficiency and empowerment, and minimize politics and bureaucracy. Willing to push back and challenge, identify, and drive the right debates up, down, and around.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with all personality types, ability to navigate difficult conversations/situations, and eliminate politics.
- Ability to quickly draft highly effective communications for review and dissemination.
- Ability to craft strong presentation materials working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and jump into the trenches, performing a wide range of duties to successfully drive projects across the finish line under tight deadlines and with a high standard of excellence and attention to detail.
- Low-ego team player who puts business outcomes before their own interests.
- A mature individual who is open to receiving feedback, is eager to grow, and welcomes being challenged.
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.