Posted Aug 3
VRChat is hiring a
Client Engineer, Creator Systems
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
We’re looking for someone who can architect, build and improve the foundational systems upon which our Creators build their experiences. You will help to develop the next generation of our Udon systems, which provide a sandbox safe enough to run Creator Code on every consumer platform and powerful enough for our creators to realize their wild multiplayer VRChat dreams.
Job & Team Impact
To start, you will help to launch and iterate Udon 2, which enables creators to use almost all of the modern C# toolkit to create VRChat worlds. This will improve millions of existing VRChat worlds, and enable amazing new experiences not possible with the current system. Then you will continue to innovate within the realm of VRChat creation systems and tools, bringing further powers to existing VRChat creators and blazing paths for new ones.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving performance and quality of our SDK and platform
- Increase adoption of the VRChat platform by building great software and tools for content creators
- Provide input on the feature roadmap of VRChat products
- Design and implement the features for the VRChat creation platform
- Optimize the experience across different system and platform types
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++
- 5+ years of experience with C#
- Solid understanding of C# runtimes (Mono/CoreCLR)
- Familiarity with Unity
- Ability to stay focused and productive in a permanent WFH environment
- Portfolio of work on games or applications that demonstrate experience
- Experience with embedding Mono
- Experience programming in Rust
- Experience with WebAssembly
- Experience with implementing and upholding high software security standards
- Experience with Real Time Networking systems. Extra bonus points for experience with Photon!
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Offers are subject to satisfactory background and reference checks.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.