Posted Aug 22
VRChat is hiring a
Client Engineer, Release
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in building and maintaining the core tech that powers the VRChat universe. You’ll help develop a wide variety of systems necessary for a social user-generated VR platform. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact on our massive global community of users.
Job & Team Impact
As a Client Engineer on the Release team, you’ll be shipping the next innovative wave of features coming to the VRChat client, and assisting other teams in getting their work released stable, and on time. This means working across all client domains (avatars, animation & IK, real-time networking, UX/UI, performance, …) identifying, triaging, and fixing issues. The release team is the hidden force keeping the gears of VRChat turning continuously :)
The ideal candidate is experienced in Unity, C#, and like us, has a passion to see immersive social virtual reality break out into the mainstream. If you’re interested in joining our team in building the software behind this future and VRChat, then this role could be right up your alley.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute bug-fixes and improvements across the whole VRChat client and SDK stack
- Keep an engineering-level overview of incoming changes and identify cross-feature interactions
- Triage integration issues and delegate them to their respective team
- Assist in managing the technical side of the shipping process (VC, build automation)
- Provide input on the feature roadmap of VRChat products
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving the performance and quality of our SDK and platform
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer in either a professional or independent capacity
- 2+ years of experience developing in Unity in either a professional or independent capacity
- A good understanding of programming in C# with Unity’s APIs, and gamedev-related specifics (e.g. performance considerations)
- Experience using git and managing a larger-scale repository, including different branching strategies and more advanced features of version control
- Being able to quickly dive into unexplored parts of a codebase to identify and fix critical bugs
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates
- Good at communicating the user-visible impact of technical changes to non-engineering staff
- Demonstrate interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience with implementing and upholding high software security standards
- Experience with Real-Time Networking Systems. Extra bonus points for experience with Photon!
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.