Posted Aug 3
VRChat is hiring a
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in architecting and building the core tech that powers the VRChat universe. You’ll help develop a wide variety of systems necessary for a social user-generated VR platform and take ownership over some of these systems. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact on our massive global community of users.
Job & Team Impact
As a Client Engineer, you’ll be implementing the next innovative wave of features into the VRChat client and improving our existing feature set so we can provide the most immersive social experience possible. We require engineering efforts across all client domains – avatars, animation & IK, real-time networking, UX/UI and more. The ideal candidate is experienced in Unity and C# with history in the games industry and, like us, a passion to see immersive social virtual reality break out into the mainstream. If you’re interested joining our team in building the software behind this future and VRChat, then this role could be right up your alley.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving performance and quality of our SDK and platform
- Increase adoption of the VRChat platform by building great software and tools for content creators
- Provide input on the feature roadmap of VRChat products
- Design and implement the features for the VRChat platform
- Optimize the experience across different application types
- Deliver an SDK to content creators and ensure its usability
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in either a professional or independent capacity
- 3+ years of experience developing in Unity in either a professional or independent capacity
- Experience programming in C# with Unity’s APIs
- A general understanding of all aspects of Unity
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience with implementing and upholding high software security standards
- Experience with Real Time Networking systems. Extra bonus points for experience with Photon!
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.