Roblox is hiring a
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
We are looking for a Cybersecurity Counsel to join our Privacy Legal team. You will provide insights and guidance on a range of cybersecurity issues from laws and regulations to incidents and policies.
Role is based in our San Mateo, CA office on a hybrid model (Tuesday-Thursday) #LI-Hybrid
- Provide subject-matter expertise and guidance on evolving data security and privacy legislation, evolving regulations, and enforcement and translate your analysis into clear, concise, and actionable guidance.
- Advise on global and domestic data security and privacy laws, regulations, and industry best practices for cybersecurity.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant data security and privacy laws and regulations and evolving industry standards to provide an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Engage with the Incident Response Team during incidents. Provide guidance during the incident, including impact analysis, breach reporting to regulators, and customer notification.
- Participate in security incident retrospectives, propose and provide guidance on repair items.
- Provide insights and guidance on security policies with the Governance, Risk, and Compliance Team.
- Be a subject matter expert on data security and privacy for inputs into Quantified Risk.
- Report to Senior Lead Counsel, Privacy.
- 5+ years of data security, data privacy, data protection and governance experience.
- Expertise in US and global data security and protection laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity regulations and frameworks, such as GDPR, COPPA, NIST CSF, and PCI.
- Experience working with Information Security teams, including Incident Response, Application Security and Governance.
- Experience with security incidents including, breaches, breach reporting to regulators, customer notifications.
- Experience implementing global data protection and security requirements.
- Train at a major national law firm; in-house experience a plus.
- Active membership in at least one U.S. state bar; California Bar admission preferred.
- Excellent business-oriented judgment.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.