Roblox is hiring a
Data Scientist, Trust & Safety - Operations
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization's mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive tool belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
WHY TRUST & SAFETY - OPERATIONS?
Scaling the ability to keep our users safe amidst rapid growth is of critical importance at Roblox. In supporting these efforts, we have a large and expanding operations workforce of Customer Support and Moderation professionals that help keep our users safe and secure by doing things like reviewing published content, analyzing possible policy violations, or helping customers through account issues. To scale with the growth of our users, we want to make sure our operations are highly effective and efficient, and we are seeking a data scientist to help analyze and optimize the operations efforts of these teams. From studying common user pain points within operations tasks, to forecasting future workforce needs, to building systems to optimize the accuracy and efficiency of our decisions, our team owns data driven processes to make sure our operations teams remain highly efficient and impactful.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Motivated by impact. You find great satisfaction in being able to point to direct contributions you've made to an organization. You recognize the inherent tradeoffs between further research/experimentation and productionization apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You're experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data in distributed systems using frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink.
- Experienced in optimization of large systems. You understand how to design metrics that represent the fundamental goals and constraints of the business and can design approaches to effectively trade off between countervailing factors to design more globally optimal processes.
- Design fundamental processes and data pipelines and curate north star metrics to track and measure the state and performance of our operations teams.
- Develop deep insights through analytics around improvements we can make in our customer success and moderation processes to help enable greater efficiency.
- Work with operations leaders to highlight improvements to policy and design new sets of best practices.
- Develop models to drive resource optimization via multiple axes such as allocation, efficiency, and quality.
- Implement forecasting approaches to help better anticipate the growth needs of Roblox operations.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical fields.
- 4+ years of industry experience in data science and/or operations research
- 4+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, Hive or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 4+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- 4+ years of experience in fast-paced environment or fast growing company, such as the tech sector
- Demonstrated ability to lead or build project areas from scratch as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated impact in operations optimization.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.