Roblox is hiring a
Design Intern (Summer 2024)
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
- Harness storytelling techniques to convey design concepts
- Experiment with emerging technologies to push design boundaries
- Engage with a variety of creative tools to bring ideas to life
- Dive into understanding our business, and the user/creator ecosystem
- Operate within established frameworks, yet boldly innovate when there is opportunity
- Solve complex workflows, transforming them into user-friendly experiences
- Apply your knowledge of 3D to enhance design solutions
- Approach problem-solving with thoughtfulness and intentionality, ensuring deliberate, data-supported impactful solutions
- Working towards a degree in Design (i.e. UX/UI, Interaction, Motion, Graphics, Typography, Web, or Product)
- Excited about: Designing features, creating prototypes, competitive analysis, user research, solving business problems through design
- Curious: You can't stop thinking about how people work with technology and why they use it the way they do
- Aesthetically inclined: You value the design of everything around you, from software to hardware, from architecture to art
- Empathetically inclined: You need to understand people's needs and motivations in the use of products and see its value in the design process
Please note the Company may not be able to employ candidates who have United States work authorization related to certain U.S. visa categories, or support future H-1B sponsorship at this time.
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 12 Weeks
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual hourly rate could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Please note that not all benefits shown below are applicable to internship opportunities.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.