Magic Leap is hiring a
Director, NPI Electrical Engineer
The New Product Introduction Director Electrical will manage the Supply Chain Electrical Engineering team. Highly visible cross-functional role transitioning new products from concept phase to production. This candidate will work with cross-functional teams ranging from Hardware, Software, Sourcing, Planning, Operations and NPI engineering teams.
Candidates must be highly innovative and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engaged in all critical aspects of new product development: Concept, Business case development, Industrial Design, Detailed Design, EVT, DVT, PVT, Ramp and delivery.
The position is in the NPI team located in Plantation, Florida, USA. Candidate must be able to lead the team and use new creative ideas to excel to the next level.
- Design, develop and refine volume manufacturing processes and qualification plans
- Drive production ramp readiness with mechanical, electrical, optics, systems, and operation engineering teams
- Lead cross-functional teams for root cause activity/problem solving for electrical and opto-mechanical components/devices
- Actively seek ways of improving current methods, systems, processes and structures
- Assist and be an integral member of the NPI / Engineering team to develop and improve NPI / Engineering Project Management processes.
- Identify and provide leadership to all project resources.
- Delegate tasks as required, both internal and external appropriate to their role, ensuring that all aspects of product launch are achieved
- Work closely with Engineering, sourcing, planning, Quality and suppliers to achieve project goals, cost, timing and quality
- Working with Engineering to ensure that all ECOs are released on time to meet program schedule
- Coordination between multiple functions to ensure that product introduction schedule and timing meets Magic Leap goals.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective action related to cost, lead-time and quality.
- Representation for Design for Manufacturing
- For each assigned project: Lead and Manage stakeholder reviews, and program progress reviews.
- Manage the transition from engineering to production at contract manufacturer and Magic Leap Integration Centers.
- 15+ years of industry experience in consumer electronics, compact imaging systems or optical systems is preferred
- Experience with Cadence or other schematics/layout tools
- Experience with SMT and PCB for process, design, and failure analysis
- Detailed knowledge of factory test methods for mass production
- Experience with the production ramp of a high volume product in factories
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- Versed in 6 sigma and skilled in data analysis and process qualification
- Broad understanding of product commercialization, Sourcing, Quality, Delivery, and Cost Management
- Experience in working within a regulatory environment.
- High level negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams globally.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or MS in Electrical Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.