Roblox is hiring a
Director of Engineering - EE
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Engineering Efficiency team builds products and services to enable Roblox engineers to develop software that can be delivered to production quickly and efficiently while maintaining an exceptional level of quality.
Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to design, build and maintain the development systems they need. You will work on projects at every stage of the pipeline, improving Roblox engineering quality, velocity and happiness.
In this role, you will report directly to the Sr. Director of Engineering Efficiency.
This role is based in our San Mateo HQ (hybrid)
This is a high impact position, critical to supporting our engineering teams as we scale our platforms to handle the demands of our targeted one billion monthly users. You will work with senior leads across Roblox to:
- Contribute to building vision and strategy for Roblox's Engineering Efficiency
- Grow the team by hiring talented engineers
- Lead a world class team of software engineers
- Support and grow members of the team
- Drive broad cross company projects to improve engineering productivity and efficiency
- Be part of the leadership team and help shape the direction and priorities of the Engineering Efficiency organization
- A strategic thought leader with a proven track record of leading engineering teams focused on improving quality, velocity and customer happiness
- Passionate about building products that shape cultures and make others' lives better, continuously championing engineering excellence across the company
- An outstanding team builder who builds diverse and inclusive teams
- Experienced, with 10+ years in an engineering management role, 3+ years in a Senior leadership role (org size 50+), and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- A great partner who can sense the pulse of a company by working with Infrastructure peers, internal customers, cross functional stakeholders, and executives.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.