Roblox is hiring a
Director Product, Immersive App Experience
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The scope of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
As the PM lead on the Roblox immersive app experience, you'll define the future of metaverse access, control schemes, and interaction models across different platforms and modalities. Roblox is well positioned to build the standards for accessing, navigating, communicating, and interacting within the metaverse, supporting everything users can do on Roblox: communicate, play, learn, work, etc. You'll create this, working with partners across all groups at Roblox inventing this future.
The Director Product, Immersive App Experience reports to the Sr. Director of Product, Apps and is based in San Mateo.
- Drive the exploration, invention, research, and development of how users will interact with the metaverse.
- Optimize these models of interactions across all device platforms, spanning different screen sizes, use cases, and input modes.
- Work with groups and leaders across Roblox to ensure delightful user interactions for all Roblox use cases on all surface areas.
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop product plans to build and deploy these new interaction and navigation methods.
- Collaborate with design & research to define interfaces that scale to support immersive use cases that haven't even been discovered yet.
- Build new features that leverage the unique features of each device platform, but still ensure a consistent Roblox experience across all of them.
- Help invent the future!
- 10+ years of Product Management experience shipping high quality, delightful consumer apps across multiple platforms, especially pushing the envelope of user interactions.
- Experience leading user-experience and design-heavy projects, especially those that build creative human-computer interaction paradigms.
- An ability to contribute to product design, project management, technical ideas, and all things necessary to get the job done.
- Strong experience in rapid prototyping, design ideation, and driving cross-functional teams to invent creative user interfaces.
- A Strategic thought leader, who empowers cross-functional teams to deliver successful projects. You convey through written, visual, and verbal communication, always aligning to the future vision of where the idea could lead us.
- Obsessively customer-focused. Delighting customers is a never-ending goal.
- Organized and driven. Creating new ways for users to interact with Roblox requires juggling many technical, product, and policy requirements across many teams, features, and device platforms. You have to lead the team over the roadblocks that inevitably come.
- A structured thinker. You can drive the right decisions through organized, analytical, logical thinking, balancing product vision and company priorities.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through launch.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.