Samsung Research America is hiring a
Director, Product Management
Samsung Research America is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our Digital Health team as a product management leader and be a core part of a passionate team charged with developing, incubating, and launching innovative product concepts that will transform the future of healthcare.
Digital Health is a multi-disciplinary agile team working on designing and developing innovative digital health products, services and solutions. The goal is to significantly empower consumers, patients, clinicians, and developers so they can leverage smartphones, wearables, medical devices, and IoTs in the health and wellness domain. Samsung’s unique advantage in the consumer electronics market and growing focus on Digital Health provides exciting technical challenges and rewarding career experience.
You will be responsible for driving digital health initiatives at the intersection of health, wellness and clinical care. This will involve planning and developing future health products and platforms, including. designing, developing and validating innovative product concepts and its consumer, clinical care and research applications, based on company’s digital health strategy and your insights from a product and service lens. As a product leader, you will develop innovative product concepts, articulate the product vision and competitive positioning, define product requirements, and play a critical role in influencing both internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver products that create value for consumers, providers, researchers and other stakeholders, and advance Samsung’s vision for Digital Health.
- Create novel and innovative product strategy and product concepts that contribute to a robust product development pipeline
- Collaborate with research, engineering, clinical, data science, and our broader teams with a clear product vision to ensure delivery of products per milestones
- Identify, select and engage with industry partner companies and organizations (including payers, healthcare providers, academic institutions, technology companies) to advance Samsung’s health focused research and product development efforts
- Collaborate with the design team to translate complex problems into simple, elegant and minimal solutions
- Lead the design thinking process for your team—from problem definition to design implementation
- Drive product strategy (define product vision, strategy, roadmap, analytics, and success metrics; collaborate with internal business and strategy teams to strengthen product position)
- Drive product development working closely with technical program managers and development leads (market and user research, design, development, validation, and deployment)
- Own product requirement document (PRD), user guide, and product performance reporting; be the single point of contact for key stakeholders including executives, partners, business, strategy, engineering, design, QA, operations, and legal
- Lead product management including market opportunity and user need identification, product vision & strategy formation, roadmap, product definition & development, business case development, competitive positioning, goal/KPI setting & monitoring
- Product design experience (extensive experience working closely with designers and user researchers to derive consumer insights, create prototypes and mockups to test, refine, validate and defend new product opportunities)
- Bachelor of Science/Master's in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 12+ years of product management experience with a minimum of 5+ years in the healthcare industry (consumer and/or enterprise focus)
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX Design, designing and shipping products to market
- 1+ years of experience in managing co-innovation and joint development in between tech and healthcare industries
- Experience and ability to lead and manage people and teams based on business needs
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that demonstrates systems thinking and high-quality design work
- A user-centered and iterative approach to designing software for people
- Experience of designing, developing and validating digital health products
- Experience in designing and conducting studies of wearable devices or clinical trials with human subjects both in lab and field setting
- Familiarity with digital diagnostics, therapeutics, clinical decision support, hospital at home, and/or age test
- Have a working knowledge of the healthcare industry and experience curating and analyzing healthcare and wellness data
- Experience in collaborating on software implementations of algorithms and developing software as a medical device with client and cloud engineers
- Knowledge and experience with HIPAA and healthcare security and privacy
- Human Computer Interaction and User Research background
- Demonstrated business agility and ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and frequently changing environment while prioritizing and managing multiple sets of responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.