Samsung Research America is hiring a
Director, Technology Strategy
Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich the consumer’s life. The Technology Strategy team at SRA is looking for dedicated individuals that who want to be at the forefront of technology exploration and innovation.
As a senior member of the Technology Strategy team, you will work closely with our research labs to drive innovation, identify market opportunities and help facilitate partnerships and collaborations with academic institutions, start-ups, venture partners and leading companies in Silicon Valley.
The Strategy team’s contributions include identifying and analyzing social, technology trends, identifying emerging technologies and potential applications to Samsung, developing business cases and product roadmaps, sourcing and building key industry partnerships, detailing competitive analysis and industry models. Our thought leadership is anchored by detailed diligence and robust data analytics.
The team works across all labs at Samsung Research America including advanced research artificial intelligence, 5G and next generation communications, digital health, robotics, and also close collaboration with product teams for mobile devices, visual display, and home appliances.
- Identify key emerging technologies and/or verticals that can be Samsung’s new growth engine
- Identify new technology trends to update and apply to research directions for the advanced research labs at SRA
- Research and analyze emerging technologies for strategic markets including new product / service opportunities, build business cases and go-to-market strategies
- Propose and incubate new business/service concept and carry out MVP development
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute the application of fundamental research to new solutions, products and use cases
- Build business cases, key insights, recommendations, and executive presentations for strategic initiatives to support internal decision making
- Masters of Science in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering, with MBA highly preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 15+ years of proven industry experience in technology strategy management
- 5+ years in leadership and/or people managing role
- Past work experience in top-tier consulting, investment banking or in strategy/corporate development at a major technology company
- Prior experience in the software industry is a plus
- Deep knowledge of emerging technologies in multiple verticals
- Deep technical knowledge of market trends, innovation and technologies
- A self-motivated critical problem solver with the ability to execute at a high level
- Charismatic communicator with strong leadership skills
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.