Magic Leap is hiring a
Ecosystem Solutions Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer in the Ecosystem Solutions group, you will engage and support a wide range of developers and partners in creating enterprise solutions for Magic Leap. You will conduct this support through the creation of sample projects, direct on-line support, video calls, and onsite support visits to developer and Magic Leap offices.
In this role, you will build and share advanced knowledge of the company's current and future technology to enable content developers on the Magic Leap platform. You will also provide technical expertise at hands-on development workshops. The ideal candidate has 2-5+ years of experience in interactive real-time immersive (AR / VR / MR) development and/or the games industry. In addition, we’re interested in those who’ve worked for a major platform/publisher in the past in a similar external-facing role and/or have shipped multiple high profile applications focused on interactive real-time 3D graphics, gaming and/or VR/AR applications.
You must have a customer service focus and a passion for XR. An effective Ecosystem Solutions Software Engineer embodies a drive to provide developers with the resources and support they need to build successful solutions
- Provide 1:1 direct technical assistance to developers building software for Magic Leap through email, forum posts, video calls, and on-site support visits.
- Replicate developer issues, create prototypes, and sample projects to expedite the development of partner projects.
- Work with engineering resources to create advanced knowledge of Magic Leap's current and future technology with a clear understanding of how they enable developers.
- Help to technically vet partners, and technology integration prospects from the ISV and Enterprise Sales teams.
- Document discovered solutions into the company knowledge base to foster a culture of leveling-up the developer community
- Relentlessly advocate for developers’ needs internally to improve our overall platform technology, acting as the voice of the external developer.
- Work hand-in-hand with key stakeholders and Unity team developing the SDK, Unity 3D and associated tools.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Build a deep knowledge of the company's technology/products/services so as to articulate how they enable developers.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improving our developer resources, and working with third-party software solutions to ensure compatibility with the Magic Leap platform.
- Flexibility to work outside your job scope, work as a team and support each other.
- Understand the Magic Leap software development platform, including being able to reproduce platform issues and help solve them together with internal support teams.
- The inclination to improve one’s skill set through training, personal development, and self-learning
- Driven to help developers build the best software they can.
- Immutable desire to answer developer questions, and provide the most up-to-date accurate information possible.
- 3-5+ years of app development experience using real-time 3D game engines (ideally Unity and/or UE4) with 1-2+ years doing immersive (AR / VR / MR) development.
- Experience writing C / C++ native apps a strong bonus
- An understanding or knowledge of key technical concepts unique to XR
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills to track down the cause of problems and quickly finding and clearly documenting solutions for public distribution.
- Patient, with strong interpersonal skills working with a range of developer experience levels; the ability to develop strong rapport, and credibility both externally with developer partners and internally across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across Hardware, Software, Product, Legal, Business Development.
- Excellent proactive communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to communicate complex technical issues via email and in-person to small groups of engineers, technical artists/designers, and stakeholders
- WebXR experience is a plus
- Experience in working with JIRA Project Tracking is a plus
- Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond team and relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others.
- Ability to travel up to 45%
- Bachelor's degree is preferred or equivalent work-experience in related field (technology, interactive entertainment, VR/AR, enterprise application development)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.