Google is hiring a
Embedded Protocol Stack Engineer, Mobile
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience with 3GPP standards.
- Experience with Android RIL, Telephony, C and Embedded RTOS.
- Experience with development in cellular protocol stack (e.g., Control or Data Plane).
- Experience with modem performance analysis and improvement: call performance, data performance, connectivity performance, thermal/power performance.
- Experience with cellular protocol stack: control plane, data plane, NAS/RRC/SDAP/PDCP/RLC/MAC/PHY, ENDC, NRDC.
- Experience with satellite communication (NB NTN, 5G NTN) or wearable device (with cellular connectivity) development.
- Experience with lab equipment: Keysight UXM, PRT, Propsim fader, amarisoft.
- Experience with programming in C/C++/Python and 3GPP (e.g., NR, LTE, WCDMA), with an understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Ability to learn new technologies and domains, including 3GPP, software development, lab equipment, etc.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As an Embedded Protocol Stack Engineer, you will focus on development, integration, customization, and verification of modem features on Android devices, working closely with vendors. You will be the point of contact for all debugging, triaging, and fixing modem issues from factory and certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT/FIT). You will also be responsible for developing performance optimized connectivity solutions.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Develop modem software, focus on NAS/AS protocol stack.
- Develop thermal, power and performance optimized connectivity solution.
- Develop innovative modem differentiators.
- Debug, analyze, and fix modem issues from factory, certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT), field and end users.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.