Samsung Research America is hiring a
Engineer, Applied Machine Learning
The Think Tank Team is an interdisciplinary collective of researchers, designers, scientists, and engineers located in Mountain View, CA, and representing a diverse skill set including electrical engineering, computer engineering, signal processing, machine learning, computer vision, visual design, interaction design, industrial design, optics, physics, and more. We work and play as we create Samsung’s future products, encompassing a unique mix of research with a diverse and dynamic approach to early product development. As a team, we have a strong track-record of driving concepts to production, we work on a wide variety of time scales, advancing science to working technology, developing new or improved product designs, and creating new experiences.
We believe that design and creativity are the core duties of every member of our team. We are creating products that will impact the lives of how millions do what they do, but better. If you want to create and build new devices and technologies, can learn on the fly, delve deep into solving complex problems as you work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales, then we invite you to apply.
See some of our work at http://thinktankteam.info/
You will work with a small interdisciplinary team of researchers, designers, strategists, and engineers to develop ideas into new business opportunities for Samsung. We’re looking for people with a passion for bringing new technologies and experiences to life. You will act as a machine learning expert and have the opportunity to lead project teams, as well as serve as a technical resource for other projects.
- Conduct cutting-edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications
- Leverage expertise from ML research and develop novel predictive models/algorithms
- Develop solutions and algorithms that can be applied in a variety of real-world applications and devices
- Work closely with researchers and engineers from a variety of disciplines to develop new algorithms, product concepts, and core technologies that will bring new business opportunities to Samsung
- Contribute to the generation of patentable ideas
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 7+ years of professional experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence in real-world settings
- Experience leading project teams, managing and overseeing the work of others, while actively participating in the execution of tasks
- Experience in research mentorship and setting technical direction
- Ability to rapidly prototype and go beyond using the standard libraries to build custom solutions
- Strong understanding of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms
- Strong C++ and Python skills
- Experience with current state-of-the-art methods from machine learning & deep learning frameworks and libraries such as PyTorch/TorchScript, TensorFlow/TensorFlow Lite, Caffe, SciPy, and OpenCV
- Experience with one or more of the following: Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Reinforcement Learning, Graph Neural Networks, Model Optimization/Deployment, Transfer Learning, etc.
If this is something you would love to do, let us know.
Show us what you have built and tell us what you would like to build next!
Can’t find the right fit? We believe a person’s work speaks for itself, and we welcome applications from everyone with the right drive, attitude, and skill competencies. If you have equivalent technical skills and believe you fit these job requirements but do not meet all of them, we would still like to hear from you. Please send a cover letter describing your particular situation and tell us more about you here: https://thinktankteam.info/public/let-me-know-about-my-perfect-opportunity/
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.