Samsung Research America is hiring a
Engineer, Computer Vision
As part of MPS (Mobile Platform and Solutions) and SRA, you will be a member of the Advanced Research Team focusing on computer vision related XR (AR, MR, VR) technologies focusing on building the next generation head mounted displays. We focus on both commercial and next gen technologies that impact Samsung’s vision for the next few years. As such you will be will be working on commercial-level products as well as future research.
Come join the Samsung MPS team and be a leader in bringing futuristic services to life!
The computer vision graphics engineer will work with the team on researching and developing on-device image transformation, computer vision and machine learning technologies across Samsung’s products. You will balance research and product and contribute to creating innovative solutions with prototype and production-level reliability for AR/VR solutions. This role will have a greater focus on image transformation on mobile devices.
- A master's degree or higher in computer vision, machine learning, or related fields, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with graphics pipeline, GPGPU computing with OpenGL and Vulkan, includes raster and vector transformations
- Experience with GPU processing on Android platforms
- Understanding of deep learning algorithms and experience with ML tuning and refinement with GPU libraries
- Exposure to computer vision; key areas of interest include camera tracking, multiple view geometry, 3D scene comprehension, camera calibration, camera transformation, etc.
- Solid foundation in software development and related tools
- Proficiency in C, C++ programming language and at least one another prototyping language such as Python
- Strong teamwork, communication skills, passion, productivity, and self-learning ability
- Experience with Unity or Blender is a plus
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.