Roblox is hiring a
Engineering Manager, Content Interoperability
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Content Interoperability Team works to make Roblox content workflows open and boundless. We create 3D model importers and exporters and make cloud import APIs so that external developers can build their own tools to interact with Roblox platforms. As an Engineering Manager on our Content Interoperability Team, you will have an immediate impact within Creator and beyond. You will report to the Engineering Director.
- Grow our organization by attracting and retaining passionate team members in the industry.
- Become an expert on our technology stack.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to accomplish the research efforts into the Roblox products.
- Author specs for new features and improvement.
- Lead other engineers by example and through technical direction.
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by our vision to put the Roblox community first and represent us through experience.
- Battle Ready Exposure: Experience defining architecture for millions of users and are excited about technical challenges. You can be hands-on and still establish an architecture from scratch and make sure it can scale from a few users to hundreds of millions.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in large-scale software deployments with experience leading large teams (10+) and delivering highly performant technical solutions. You own a BS in Computer Science, or advanced degree is a definite plus.
- Knowledge: You understand important components required to build a modern online virtual experience. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to agreement. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves. You have hands-on experience building games or Computer Graphics.
- Versatility: You have mastered several languages and technologies already
- Creativity: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Experience Being Team-oriented: You have a personality that invigorates the team around you and you are used to leading technical teams in any situation.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.