Roblox is hiring a
Engineering Manager-Content Music
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As the Engineering Manager for the Music pod within the Creator Content group, you will lead a team to help community developers build creative and innovative ways for users to engage with music and audio content on Roblox. You will help build a best in class audio library, music tooling and APIs.
You and your team will be in charge of the design, end-to-end architecture, implementation and delivery of a platform for the community to discover, publish and create with music.
- Experienced: 10+ Years of experience, with 4+ years of it being in management, in building critically acclaimed consumer applications that impact millions of users' lives. You have experience building products where user-generated content is a cornerstone of the system.
- Organized: Proven track record leading multiple related projects simultaneously; focusing on the higher level technical direction as well as the orchestration across them so that critical and complex features come to light.
- Hands-on: Full-stack expertise in building applications and knowledge with REST, API design patterns, scalable containerized systems and microservices, and web and desktop UI/UX.
- People Leader: You are experienced with leading engineers, with the ability to earn their respect and help them stretch themselves to build great software and level up their technical and people skills.
- Passionate: You lead by example and thrive in mentoring others to excel.
- Music-focused: You are excited about the opportunity to increase the immersiveness of Roblox with music.
- You have experience building products in the media content space. This will have involved product concerns such as rights management, moderation and discoverability.
- You have a personal interest or side projects involving music production, or are a musician yourself.
- Mentor engineers to ensure your team expertise and culture grows over time.
- Work closely with your product and policy partners to determine the roadmap and lead project execution.
- Work with other engineering teams and particularly with the broader Content group to build technical systems that will last for years to come.
- Adhere to and expand our vision to put the Roblox community first, get things done, and take the long view.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.