Roblox is hiring a
Engineering Manager, Employee Product
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Why Roblox Operating System?
Roblox Operating System (ROS) is the internal productivity platform that governs how we operate as a company. Via a holistic and integrated set of tools, ROS shapes our talent and personnel decisions, how work is planned and organized, how communication and knowledge is discovered, and ultimately how we scale effectively. It's a unique opportunity to join a small but fast growing team with a massive impact on the future of Roblox.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will grow the team that will build ROS. This is a new team at Roblox and we need a team member who can work with a high level of freedom and autonomy, advocate best in class development practice, communicate and collaborate with outside vendors, and work with cross functional stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Work closely with engineering, product, finance, people, and talent teams to help refine requirements
- Work directly with Roblox exec staff to build products massively impactful for the business
- Hire and mentor a quickly growing team on some of the most impactful projects in the company
- Maintain and implement our backend API which will be used by engineer teams across Roblox
- Develop proof of concepts and specification documents that can be reviewed by multiple partners
- Ensure projects are well-planned, performant, and delivered on time
- Build and maintain systems that will be used by the entire company
- A strategic and driven leader with a proven track record of leading full stack development teams to deliver loved products to users
- Passionate about building tools that shape cultures and make others' lives better
- An outstanding recruiter who builds diverse and inclusive teams
- An upleveler of talent
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role, 5+ years in a technical leadership role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- A great partner who can sense the pulse of a company by working with ROS product peers, cross functional stakeholders, and executives.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.