Google is hiring a
Engineering Manager, Fitbit Developer Operations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Typically 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing projects, with 2 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
- Experience in distributed systems and cloud computing.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you will migrate the Fitbit tech stack to Google tools and systems and build the foundational parts of the Fitbit backend ecosystem and infrastructure in Google stack.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Participate in the fullcycle of development from an idea through design, implementation, and testing.
- Grow and develop an engineering team, support team members career growth and professional development.
- Develop project roadmap, establish team goals, set priorities, provide technical leadership, and exhibit strategic impact.
- Increase availability, reliability, security, privacy, and efficiency of services.
- Model strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.