Roblox is hiring a
Engineering Manager - Geometry Kernel
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As the Engineering Manager for the Geometry Kernel pod within the Digital Matter group, your mission is to lead a team that empowers community developers to create immersive worlds on Roblox. We are seeking a visionary leader who will guide the development of a best-in-class geometry library, modeling tools, workflows, and APIs.
- Lead the end-to-end design, architecture, implementation, and delivery of a solution that enables our community to build captivating worlds using the functionality developed by our team.
- Mentor and inspire engineers, fostering their growth and ensuring a strong team culture.
- Collaborate closely with product and policy partners to shape the roadmap and drive successful project execution.
- Forge strong connections with other engineering teams, particularly within the Digital Matter group, to establish enduring technical systems.
- Uphold and expand our vision, placing the Roblox community at the forefront, driving efficient execution, and maintaining a long-term perspective.
- 4+ years of experience in algorithm creation
- 4+ years of experience in managing individual contributors (ICs)
- Proven track record in building products that leverage user-generated content
- Ideally, you have previous experience building products in the engineering / game / real-time modeling space.
- Extensive experience in computational linear algebra concepts (vector and matrix math, numerical solvers) and numerical methods such as finite elements or finite-difference.
- Experience in 3D computational geometry and physics-based simulation algorithm design and software development.
- Experience managing multiple related projects concurrently, focusing not only on technical direction but also orchestrating their integration to bring critical and complex features to fruition.
- Experience leading engineers and earn their respect is paramount. You can nurture their growth, encouraging them to strive for greatness, and fostering both technical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading by example and thrive on mentoring others to excel, igniting their passion for their work.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.