Roblox is hiring a
Engineering Manager, Rights Management
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
At Roblox, we strive to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and the Safety organization's mission is to become the leader in civil immersive online communities. We systematically detect, remove, and prevent problematic content and behavior, and we make Roblox accounts secure and free from compromise. We cover a broad area of the tech spectrum, including machine learning, classifiers for 3D models, experimentation, automation, detection workflows, and AI-powered text filters. Aligned and partnering with product teams, we use this toolbelt to discover new opportunities, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build safety products, and measure the impact on our community of users and developers. In doing so, we keep Roblox safe, civil, and inclusive, and we foster positive relationships between people around the world.
Why Rights Management
This is an opportunity to join as the leader of the Rights Management Engineering Team. You will lead a team that builds tools to allow brands and millions of Roblox creators to identify and protect their IP - experiences, audio/music, images, video and 3D models - on the Roblox platform. You will report to a Director of Engineering.
- A Leader: You lead those around you to achieve big things through encouraging mentorship culture. People come to you for guidance and you can bring a team of engineers to agreement
- Inspirational: You are passionate about setting and observing a team mission. You create opportunities that grow individuals' careers while celebrating the impact of their work
- Adjustable: You grow where challenges are open-ended. You can choose your adventure by assessing the knowns vs. unknowns
- Knowledgeable: You understand all the components required to build modern large-scale infrastructure. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You are constantly questioning the underlying issue to solve them at the core
- Oversee enormous projects that span multiple teams
- Develop a team Roadmap, charter, and vision
- Uphold high coding standards and establish new ones
- Work for your team, being a force multiplier by unblocking issues and bridging the gaps between organizations
- Mentor engineers to make sure your team expertise grows over time
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow
- Be guided by our vision to put the Roblox community first
- Produce excellent documentation for internal and external teams
- 1+ years of experience as an engineering manager
- 8+ years of experience in large-scale software development
- 8+ years of experience in system design and programming skills
- 8+ years of experience with testing and development
- Recognize risks and errors in application development
- Collaboration skills across multiple teams and disciplines
- Programming experience in one compiled (Golang, C++, C#, Java) and one interpreted script language (JS, PHP, Python, Lua)
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience in anti-fraud, anti-abuse, trust and safety, or rights management
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.