Roblox is hiring a
Engineering Manager, Virtual Economy
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Why Virtual Economy?
As an Engineering Manager for Virtual Economy, you will help develop the virtual economy at Roblox and ensure that Developers and Creators can earn from their products. Every time a purchase using Robux happens, it flows through Virtual Economy’s systems. Those purchases cover products developers sell in their experiences, avatar items, game passes, private servers among others. Those systems process billions of transactions per year. You will help scale our distributed systems while maintaining a safe and secure economy.
In this role, you will provide insights and reporting to all participants in the ecosystem (users, creators, sellers) so they can understand their sales, and how to grow. You will also evaluate ways in which complex development teams can distribute and share earnings across their contributors.
- Develop backend services that scale to billions of products and transactions in a reliable, secure manner.
- Innovate on virtual economy in the metaverse and build the next generation of commerce in the metaverse.
- Be the leader for the team ranging from junior engineers to industry veterans.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to deliver multiple projects concurrently.
- Help recruit future talent for Roblox.
- Have direct impact on the future direction of the largest social platform for play, delivering groundbreaking solutions allowing our development teams earn a sustainable living and build experiences for a global community of over 66 million daily active users.
- An engineering manager well-versed in leading teams and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers.
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions with in-depth technical knowledge regarding distributed backend systems that could handle many concurrent users.
- Effective at driving complex projects that involved engineering efforts with multiple stakeholders.
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code.
- Passionate about working on large-scale platforms, with some user-facing aspects.
- Data-driven with a defined approach to delivering quality metrics and monitoring.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.