Google is hiring a
Firmware Engineer, Modem Layer 1, Mobile Wireless
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Master's degree in Communications/Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Modem LTE or NR L1 issue analysis and debugging.
- Experience in C/C++ and embedded RTOS.
- Experience in designing/developing/optimizing Modem LTE/NR Layer 1.
- Experience in developing Modem Layer 1 test cases.
- Experience in Antenna tuner/SAR algorithm.
- Knowledge of 3GPP/3GPP2 standards.
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE/NR Layer 1 standards.
About the job
As a Firmware Engineer, you'll focus on development, integration, customization, and performance enhancement of Modem Layer 1 features on Android devices, working closely with Pixel Software/Hardware teams, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), and vendors. You'll be the point of contact for all debugging, analyzing, and fixing Modem Layer 1 issues from factory, certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT), field testing, and customers. You'll also be responsible for validating the function and performance of L1 features.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Debug, analyze and fix Modem L1 issues from factory, certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT), field testing, and customers.
- Validate the function and performance of Modem L1 features.
- Develop Modem L1 test cases for enhancing the test coverage.
- Work with Software/Hardware teams to deliver Pixel modem.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.