Google is hiring a
Firmware Engineer, RF Software, Pixel Mobile
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Master's degree in Communications, Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with 3GPP/3GPP2 standards.
- Experience in C/C++ and embedded RTOS.
- 3 years of experience with modem LTE/NR RF design and implementation.
- Experience in modem LTE/NR RF/antenna/desense issue analysis and debugging.
- Understanding of 3GPP LTE/NR L1 standards and 3GPP TS 34.121, 36.521-1, 38.521-1 RF test cases.
- Familiarity with test equipment for non-signaling tests (e.g., CMW 100, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer) and signaling tests (e.g., Anritsu 8821, CMW 500, UXM).
About the job
As a Firmware Engineer on the Layer 1 RF Software team, you’ll focus on the RF configuration and driver, including the development, integration, customization, and performance enhancement of modem RF on Android devices, working closely with Pixel SW/HW teams, original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and vendors.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Develop of RF configuration and driver, and validate the function and performance of modem RF features.
- Debug, analyze, and fix modem RF issues from bring-up, factory (e.g., SMT, FATP), certification (e.g., GCF/PTCRB/IOT), field testing, and customers.
- Co-work with software/hardware teams to deliver high-quality Pixel modem.
- Work with RF Software RFFE control driver (e.g., MIPI-based, GPIO-based) development.
- Design review with RF hardware in terms of front-end schematic, block diagram for standalone/CA/ENDC cases.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.