Roblox is hiring a
Fleet Control Plane - Senior Software Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer in the Fleet Control Plane pod of Roblox's Compute Group, you'll take on a product and engineering-centric role to transform fleet management at scale. Reporting directly to Kilian Ciuffolo, the EM for the Machine Management layer, you'll employ Kubernetes to design autonomous and self-service systems that revolutionize capacity allocation and the lifecycle of hundreds of thousands of machines both on-premises and in the cloud. In this product and engineering-focused role, your solutions will help shape the future of Roblox's Private Cloud.
- Develop a declarative system using Kubernetes and custom controllers to manage the lifecycle of a fleet encompassing hundreds of thousands of machines, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Build and maintain a Machine Operational API to support several functionalities like Cells, Compute API, and multi-regional automation.
- Automate capacity allocation to reduce human toil.Implement safe drain protocols for efficient fleet lifecycle management.
5+ years of industry experience.
Prefer building autonomous systems over ops and repetitive tasks.
Like and understand the importance of documentation for large scale systems.
Care deeply about production health and reliable, sustainable production systems.
Customer, team, and quality oriented.
Like getting things done
No experience required in this specific area of infrastructure, but being excited about the problem space is a must.
A solution-oriented innovator
Detail-oriented and adaptable to fast-paced, evolving environments.
Committed to process improvement.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.