Roblox is hiring a
Fleet Inventory - Principal Software Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer in the Fleet Inventory pod within Roblox's Compute Group, you'll drive the development of our API-based asset management system and influence the evolution of Roblox's Private Cloud. In this product and engineering focused role, you'll revamp our server management across cloud and on-premise infrastructure, and aid in optimizing our extensive fleet. Reporting directly to Kilian Ciuffolo (EM for the Machine Management layer), you'll shape the future of infrastructure management at Roblox.
- Develop a unified inventory system to abstract cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Lead the transition from existing systems to a new storage layer.
- Create an API layer for accessing telemetry, diagnostics data, and offering business intelligence.
- Contribute to solving the T0 data layer for the fleet, and provide business intelligence on fleet utilization and forecasting.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Leadership experience as a Tech Lead.
- Design and cross-functional experience in delivering big projects over multiple quarters.
- Prefer building autonomous systems over ops and repetitive tasks.
- Like and understand the importance of documentation for large scale systems.
- Care deeply about production health and reliable, sustainable production systems.
- Customer, team, and quality oriented.
- Like getting things done
- No experience required in this specific area of infrastructure, but being excited about the problem space is a must.
- A solution-oriented innovator
- Detail-oriented and adaptable to fast-paced, evolving environments.
- Committed to process improvement.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.