Roblox is hiring a
Fullstack Software Engineer - User Safety
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
At Roblox, we strive to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and the Safety organization’s mission is to become the leader in civil immersive online communities. We systematically detect, remove, and prevent problematic content and behavior, and we make Roblox accounts secure and free from compromise. We cover a broad area of the tech spectrum, including machine learning, classifiers for 3D models, experimentation, automation, detection workflows, and AI-powered text filters. Aligned and partnering with product teams, we use this toolbelt to discover new opportunities, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build safety products, and measure the impact on our community of users and developers. In doing so, we keep Roblox safe, civil, and inclusive, and we foster positive relationships between people around the world.
WHY USER SAFETY?
As a Senior UI/UX Engineer, you will be part of a high-priority team at Roblox that is building new, innovative, and unprecedented technology for keeping our users safe. Your work will directly be in the hands of over 200M monthly active users, helping Roblox be a civil and positive environment for everyone. This team relies substantially on AI/ML, UX Research, and UX Design, and is creating state-of-the-art, patentable automated detection mechanisms that will synergize with new modern UX treatments that will reshape the user experience for the next decade and beyond. You will report to the engineering manager for User Safety.
- Work with engineers, designers, UX researchers, data scientists, and product managers to build new and innovative safety features
- Reduce online abuse on Roblox by working with teams across the company to advocate for safety
- Help continue to build a great engineering and social culture at Roblox
- 4+ years of experience within cross-platform UI frameworks that deploy to multiple consumer devices such as iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and gaming consoles
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping customer-facing user interfaces
- 4+ years of experience working on multi-person codebases, including open-source or personal projects
- You're familiar with Lua or similar game scripting languages
- Excited to build consumer-facing products at a high scale
- Passionate about building products for online communities
- Versatile: You are comfortable with several languages and technologies already; Take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems
- Analytical: Excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and measure the problems and the solutions
- User-Oriented: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution
- Team-oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger
- Interested in keeping the next generation of internet users safe and civil as they interact online
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.