Roblox is hiring a
Global Indirect Tax Director
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As the Global Indirect Tax Director you will lead the indirect tax function which includes sales and use tax, VAT, GST, and other like taxes.
You have experience building an indirect tax function in a high-growth organization and enjoy educating others on indirect tax issues. You can perform tax research, work with outside advisors and with internal departments. You are experienced in overseeing a broad range of tax compliance and special project work.
This position is based in San Mateo, CA (HQ). This position will report into our Head of Tax.
- Lead the indirect tax function including, setting goals and measuring results.
- Review indirect tax calculations, assisting in the development of processes that enhance the accuracy and efficiency of the indirect tax team.
- Identify tax issues and understand tax technical matters related to SUT/VAT/GST-type taxes.
- Stay up to date on the latest indirect tax legislative developments and develop a strategy to manage the impact.
- Develop and execute a strategy to manage indirect tax controversy including ASC 450 positions.
- Participate in meetings with the business teams, legal, technology and accounting to share information and resolve business and tax matters.
- Continuously learn about Roblox, new products, and new revenue channels to identify/understand the tax issues and communicate tax requirements to multiple internal departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Law, Tax, or other like discipline AND 10+ years of indirect tax experience.
- Experience in both industry and law firms or Big 4 accounting firms.
- Technical knowledge of sales and use tax and global VAT/GST systems, and relevant industry experience handling indirect tax with digital products.
- Team player who is willing and able to perform tasks at all levels.
- Highly organized and autonomous with strong intellectual curiosity, willingness to take ownership of complex problems and ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax compliance and strategies.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with experience exercising mature judgment.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.