Posted Aug 12
Transfr is hiring a
Government Engagement Manager
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today.
This is an exciting time! Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
Summary: This multidimensional role directly contributes to achieving our company’s aggressive growth goals and building partnerships to impact people in the communities you serve. Reporting directly to our VP, Economic Development, you will make an immediate impact by developing statewide strategic development plans and state level partnerships that will result in opening new career opportunities for the communities you serve.
Responsibilities & Key Deliverables:
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to identify priorities and develop new business partnerships for Transfr in your assigned state(s) with regional and state level organizations, agencies and institutions.
- Advocating and executing public affairs efforts to the appropriate Executive, Legislative and Regulatory areas in assigned states
- Developing relationships in the states with key influencers, thought leaders and advocates
- Tracking, monitoring, advocating and reporting on relevant legislation and regulatory proceedings alongside the legislative and policy team
- Attending major workforce development ribbon cuttings throughout your specific region with key legislators
- Identifying funding partners that align with grants and RFP’s that align throughout the designated region
- Working with career success to ensure we are meeting the expected outcomes of each partner, and if not strategizing on how to create a classroom to career pipeline with partners
- Learning about the key workforce development policy and funding frameworks for our partner. Synthesize this information into your relationship building and strategic planning.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years’ experience working in public policy, education and government relations
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to speak publicly, often before senior government, technology, and education leaders.
- Strong organization skills.
- General knowledge of education policy and politics.
- Deep understanding of political and legislative processes.
- Willing to travel to support statewide initiatives
- Experience in grassroots initiatives is a plus
- Developing and Leveraging Relationships – Ideally, you will arrive with extensive knowledge of federal government operations, working knowledge of education policy issues, relationships across the federal government, and a track record of excellent internal stakeholder management at all levels.
- Communication – Strong written and oral communication skills are essential. You have solid interpersonal skills and use these to influence outcomes with persuasiveness, candor and respect. You appreciate the diversity of stakeholder interactions and adapt your style and approach accordingly. You have a demonstrable track record as a successful educator, advocate or lobbyist.
- Analytical Skill and Learning Agility – You take a systematic, structured view of situations, while staying focused on the big picture. You have the capacity to be open to new ideas and working collaboratively. You have capacity to research and spot opportunities or risk to the company or regulatory policy proposals – and ability to summarize these orally and in writing to executives internally and policymakers externally and propose next step action plans.
- Judgment – You demonstrate sound judgement in assessing business risks and make decisions that balance a variety of factors while always maintaining the integrity of the company’s core values and business strategy. As Transfr's Government Engagement Manager to federal officials with views spanning the political spectrum, you are prepared, respectful and exercise sound judgment in all your work.
- Deliver Results – You have a track record of achievement, understanding complex issues, translating strategies into actionable plans, and implementing them in an organized manner with regular updates to Government Relations team members and others.
Experience in a government/policy role is strongly preferred, with the candidate having a proven track record of:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $90,000 and $120,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for variable compensation and additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success.
Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.