Posted Aug 3
Inworld is hiring a
Head of Developer Relations - USA
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is a developer platform for building AI characters. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) and add performance, configurable safety, knowledge, memory, narrative controls, multimodality, and more. We’re focused on enabling character-based interactions for immersive experiences like video games, brand activations, and training simulations.
Inworld uses advanced AI to build generative characters whose personalities, thoughts, memories, and behaviors are designed to mimic the deeply social nature of human interaction. Our platform lets you create characters with personality and contextual awareness to keep them in-world and on brand. Integrations make it easy for developers to deploy characters into immersive experiences, while scale and performance are optimized for real-time experiences.
Inworld AI is funded by top-tier investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Microsoft, and Founders Fund, and a team of all-star angels - corporate executives, top VC funds' partners, and industry veterans from Riot Games, Twitch, and Oculus.
We’re looking for a Head of Developer Relations to help the creator and developer community flourish by sharing their passion and knowledge for storytelling, games, characters, AI, and Inworld. We're looking for a creative technologist whose passion for gaming and storytelling is only matched by their drive to connect authentically with people online and in person. By showcasing the potential of Inworld’s AI characters – at game jams, conferences, Discord, or elsewhere – you will enhance users’ skill sets and spark excitement about limitless possibilities for creativity with Inworld.
If you're the type of person that always has your finger on the pulse of gaming and AI, and are eager to talk shop with anyone and everyone about your favorite NPCs, the latest Discord chatter, or an upcoming game release, this may be the role for you.
What you’ll be doing:
• Develop and execute a developer relations strategy that aligns with the overall business goals and objectives.
• Establish strong relationships with developers and creators in a scalable way. You will engage with online communities in Discord and other forums to build Inworld’s user base. You will motivate and empower the community to create evangelists for Inworld.
• Work closely with product teams to directly feed developer needs into the feature roadmap.
• Participate and host community events, game jams, and conferences, as the face of Inworld.
• Write tutorials, blogs, create videos, or other content to educate the community. Create opportunities to showcase the community’s work.
• Be a bridge between the community and the rest of the company. Keep a pulse on community needs, share feedback, and work with product to shape our roadmap.
• Engage with creators through different platforms; social media, forums, etc.
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Strong familiarity and knowledge of gaming and relevant creator communities. Passionate about storytelling, new forms of interactive media, and enabling others to do their best work.
• Deep, demonstrated experience in online and in-person community building, community tools (e.g. Discord, Reddit, Itch.io, Game Jams, etc.), and social media methodologies.
• High technical fluency, with a solid ability to communicate directly with engineers on technical topics.
• Very strong technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in Unity/Unreal Engine.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging, writing technical articles.
• An active contributor and member with growing following on game development communities and development platforms.
• Background in game development is a plus.
Please provide a link to your portfolio showcasing your experience of connecting with developers and speaking publicly about cutting-edge technologies.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $220,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, level, and additional factors, including competencies, experience, and business needs. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.