Niantic is hiring a
Head of People
The Head of People will play a strategic role in leading the People function at Niantic, overseeing Recruiting, Total Rewards, Systems & Operations, Diversity & Inclusion and Talent Management. This person will enhance the employee experience through every stage of the employee lifecycle, deliver impactful programs that will increase employee development and engagement and will partner closely with the leadership team to drive a high performance culture. They will have a strong business mindset and will coach and advise other leaders and employees in the organization. This person will manage a team that is results-oriented and data-driven and will implement repeatable and scalable processes and solutions. Niantic is a people-centric organization and this leader will be a role model of Niantic’s core values.
- Operate as a trusted advisor to the leadership team by being a true partner in building and establishing a comprehensive people strategy to drive the business.
- Be the thought leader in areas of talent, performance and team effectiveness to strengthen the organization’s results.
- Set the long range plan to ensure the business has the talent, structure, engagement and capabilities needed now and in the future.
- Establish OKRs (objectives and key results) for the function.
- Up-level operational excellence and efficiency.
- People Leadership Experience: A minimum of 10+ years of experience in global people functions with oversight of various pillars including recruiting, talent management, employee relations, organizational design, diversity & inclusion, total rewards, learning & development, HRIS and other systems and people operations.
- Stakeholder Management: Ability to communicate effectively with and gain buy-in from a broad range of stakeholders, including the CEO, executive team, business unit leaders, peers/direct reports, vendors and the board.
- Business & Industry Acumen: An understanding of the business and the ability to translate business needs into a strategic people plan and actions.
- Required in-office 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Works in a highly collaborative manner.
- Leads effectively through ambiguous situations.
- Displays team-oriented mindset when coaching and mentoring at all levels of the organization.
- Leverages data to provide thoughtful recommendations.
- Moves quickly and flexibly to provide advice.
- Demonstrates strong EQ and communicates empathetically and clearly.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $265,000 - $370,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.