Samsung Research America is hiring a
IT Support Engineer
The IT Support Engineer is the first point of contact for the users located at the Samsung Toronto, ON office. While providing the highest level of customer service, this professional answers incoming calls, tracks all information in a ticket tracking system, uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to resolve tier 1 and 2 requests in a timely fashion. This position requires escalation of unresolved problem/issues/requests to the upper level support team. Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems and provide basic desktop support.
- Provide professional user support and excellent customer service to clients requiring technical assistance
- Respond to questions from all emails and callers in timely manner
- Become familiar with helpdesk policies and services
- Understand and adopt fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software
- Create and maintain system/process documentation, procedures and policies
- Regular monitoring of server and network equipment availability
- Ensure proper vendors maintenance agreements are in place for production equipment
- Interact with Vendors and network providers to resolve problems
- Follow the Company acquisition process to acquire new hardware and software
- Interacts on various projects, administration of policies and procedures with various parts of the organization.
- Maintain server room equipment and environment
- Manage assets using asset management software
- Conduct quarterly asset counts with IT and Finance teams to ensure corporate compliance
- Prepare new hire hardware and required software
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Management and Directors of Research
- May be required to travel between Toronto and Montreal offices
- College Diploma minimum
- 4+ Years related experience preferred
- Applicable industry certifications such as CCNA, MCSA, MCITP, MCSE, CISSP would be an asset
- Microsoft Server (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS and SMTP)
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 configuration and maintenance
- Must have experience with the following:
- Windows 10/11, macOS, and Ubuntu Linux
- Virtualization software: VMware Deployment, Setup, Troubleshooting, Management, Vmotion, VMware Clustering, Shared Storage and Vcenter (ESXi6.7 to 7.x) and VSphere (6.7 to 7.x)
- Active Directory User and Computer management
- WSUS update management. Package Management system (SCCM)
- Physical Installation and Decommissioning of Network, Server and Desktop components
- Web filtering technology, endpoint security and data loss prevention.
- VOIP Phone system ( Samsung VOIP Systems / Cisco )
- Video conference setup and support (Crestron / Polycom / Cisco)
- Knowledge of Overleaf, LaTeX and print-ready academic publication preparation
- Strong understanding of Internet Protocol, including subnetting, port management
- PC Image creation/deployment (SCCM)
- Understanding of network routing between intranet and external networks segregated by network firewalls and security devices
- Ability to utilize the applications for Microsoft Office for support, reporting and documentation
- Experience providing remote support for remote offices and employees would be an asset
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.