Posted Aug 31
Street Smarts VR is hiring a
Street Smarts VR is a veteran-owned, dual-use technology platform that's revolutionizing tactical training through virtual reality and improving public safety outcomes. By integrating software, hardware, and training data, SSVR's solution is transforming the VR training landscape.
Across four continents, 10,000 users across dozens of US military and police departments currently train with SSVR - and that's a tiny fraction of the 5 million first responders in the US who carry weapons and for whom training is not just a requirement but a moral imperative. SSVR is forecasting rapid growth over the coming years in both state and local law enforcement as well as all 4 branches of the US Military.
At Street Smarts VR, we understand that military and first responders consistently operate in high stress, high consequence environments. We’ve lived it. So by leveraging virtual reality and real-world data sources, we’ve built a fully immersive platform that conditions users to the real life stressors they will face in the field.
We are seeking an organized, motivated, and detail-oriented Jr. Accountant to join our finance team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for numbers, a strong work ethic, and a keen eye for accuracy. As an entry-level Accountant, you will play a crucial role in maintaining our financial records, ensuring compliance with accounting principles and tax regulations, and supporting the overall efficiency of our finance department. This position will report to our Controller.
What you can expect to work on:
- Assist with data entry, recording financial transactions accurately, promptly, and in compliance with company policies and accounting principles
- Reconcile bank statements, credit card statements, and other financial accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing procedures
- Support the maintenance of organized and well-documented financial records
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather financial information and provide necessary support
- Contribute to the improvement of internal accounting processes and systems
- Assist in administrative and ad-hoc tasks related to the finance department
What we expect from you:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Some prior experience in accounting, finance, or relevant internships is preferred
- Proficiency in using accounting software and Excel is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Effective communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Eagerness to learn and develop accounting skills and knowledge
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to help improve training for first responders and the communities they serve
- High growth opportunity within a startup culture
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Multiple healthcare plans to choose from
- Company-matched 401k program
- Opportunity to travel
- Remote or hybrid work environment, depending on proximity to an office
$40,000 - $45,000 a year
Street Smarts VR is open to interviewing candidates of varying levels of experience for this position. Salary range based on years of professional experience, relevancy of experience, technical proficiency, and local labor market.
We will only be considering candidates who reside in the following US states: AR, AZ, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NY, PA, TX, UT, VA
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer
Street Smarts VR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.