Roblox is hiring a
Lead Architect- Studio Foundation
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Technical Director, you will apply your expertise in software architecture, design patterns and best coding practices to accelerate the evolution of Roblox Studio, a cloud-based, distributed application for game development. In the role, you will solve the complex problem of making Studio a platform that comprises the work of multiple Roblox engineering teams into one product and ensuring stability, performance and usability of the entire product for 3.5 million game developers.
- A Leader with experience supporting important applications at scale
- A Technology Expert, with a record of developing and deploying complex software for massive cloud-based systems
- Proficient with the principles of software architecture, best practices and design patterns
- Hands-on in C++, multithreading, networking, writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Experienced in building complex end-user applications
- Collaborative with and ability to across teams and departments
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Make one the most widely used IDE's in the world
- Own and deliver complex technical problems from planning, to design, to execution and deployment
- Work across teams, functions and technology stacks
- Mentor team members helping them improve their professional skills and expertise
- Design and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.