Posted Aug 3
Transfr is hiring a
Lead Backend Engineer, Integrations
NEW YORK, NY
Transfr provides engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot. We create a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We produce job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
As a Lead Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining integrations between our VR platform and various LMS systems, ensuring seamless data exchange and functionality across the platforms.
Additionally, you will also be responsible for identifying and implementing best practices for single sign-on (SSO) across third-party systems, collaborating with product managers, researching existing authentication infrastructure, and working with the Devops team to determine the best SSO infrastructure for our platform.
This - and every - role at Transfr asks you to embody our 7 cultural values (radical responsibility, teamwork, creativity, win-win mindset, personal growth, empathy, and humility).
This position can be 100% remote or work with our team from our headquarters in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers and platform engineers to design integration solutions that enable seamless data exchange and functionality between our VR platform backend and multiple LMS systems. Define integration requirements for provisioning classrooms, user accounts, and trainee results from third-party LMS systems.
- Implement integration solutions using best practices and industry standards, leveraging APIs, web services, and other relevant technologies. Develop scalable, efficient, and reliable code to ensure smooth data exchange and functionality between the platforms.
- Identify and implement best practices for SSO across third-party systems, ensuring secure and seamless authentication and authorization processes for users.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of integration solutions to identify and resolve any issues, ensuring data accuracy and system stability. Collaborate with QA teams to conduct comprehensive testing and validation of the integrations, including SSO processes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including integration specifications, design documents, and code documentation.
- Monitor the integrations for performance, security, and data integrity. Proactively identify and resolve any integration issue and provide ongoing maintenance and support to ensure smooth operation of the integrations.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior team members, mentor and coach them on best practices, coding standards, and integration methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in backend engineering, with a focus on building data integration solutions.
- Experience as a technical lead, responsible for complex architecture and design
- Strong background in designing and building high-throughput low-latency distributed systems
- Proven experience developing RESTful APIs and web services, with a deep understanding of HTTP protocol and authentication mechanisms.
- Experience with server-side languages, such as Java, Python, or Node.js. (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of relational database technologies, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in using AWS services such as Fargate, Lambda, S3, Kinesis, SQS and RDS
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas and produce production quality code
- Experience building and supervising an engineering team
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorization systems (e.g. Oauth2, OpenID, SAML)
- Ability to work in an agile environment and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $160K - $180K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at https://transfrinc.com/
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.