Roblox is hiring a
Lead Counsel, EU Product/Regulatory
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Legal Counsel, EU Product/Regulatory, you will play an important role in advising us on new and emerging EU laws. You will understand the impact of these laws on Roblox product and operation. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and remotely from HQ, and collaboratively with all team members.
Role is Remote. Based in EU (Netherlands preferred) #LI-Remote
- Advise on existing, pending, and developing EU regulations affecting Roblox, including regulations concerning online UGC platforms and consumer protection issues;
- Identify new trends in the regulations and educate company leadership on their possible effects;
- Help create a cross-functional response to legal obligations;
- Analyze and research complex legal issues and translate such research and analysis into practical advice;
- Evaluate, engage, and oversee outside counsel in multiple EU Member States;
- Respond to requests for compliance advice from engineering, products and marketing teams concerning time-sensitive communications and product releases.
- Report to Senior Lead Counsel
- At least 5 years of relevant legal experience;
- Qualified to practice law in at least one European Union Member State (Germany/Netherlands preferred);
- Excellent follow through - you will manage your work and communicate with team members along the way;
- Business-oriented judgment and the ability to analyze problems, propose resolutions, and provide advice that is creative, practical, and legally acceptable, taking into account the needs of the business;
- Manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and anticipating issues
- A sound work ethic, efficient working style, and high level of organization.
- Experience conveying complex information in a succinct manner.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.