Posted Nov 17
Transfr is hiring a
Lead Full Stack Engineer, Student Experience
New York, NY
Transfr provides engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot. We create a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We produce job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
As a Lead Full-Stack Engineer at Transfr, you'll have the chance to take this company to the next level by disrupting the traditional classroom to career pipeline. You’ll be working with a group of passionate and innovative individuals who are committed to making a difference in vocational training.
As an inaugural member of our Student Experience Team, you will be creating a brand new product experience that will help students get onto a career pathway.
We are looking for a passionate Lead Full-Stack Engineer with experience building web applications that are scalable and performant. In this critical role, you will work closely with the engineering and product teams, building rest APIs with Python and developing new features within our new dashboard to support existing and new product types.
This - and every - role at Transfr asks you to embody our 7 cultural values (radical responsibility, teamwork, creativity, win-win mindset, personal growth, empathy, and humility).
This position can be 100% remote or work with our team from our headquarters in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
- Collaborate with product management to research, design, and develop a new mobile web experience that guides students from classroom to meaningful careers.
- Lead the entire app life cycle – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release.
- Utilize front-end technologies to build an engaging mobile web student experience
- Develop APIs that integrates with the front-end to support business requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate with existing services and infrastructure
- Support both QA with issues found during the development and release process
- Conduct peer reviews of prospective code changes
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior team members, mentor and coach them on best practices, coding standards, and integration methodologies.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working in production as a Full-Stack Engineer.
- Experience building REST APIs with Python and frameworks such as FastAPI or Flask.
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Experience implementing mobile-first responsive design
- Knowledge of relational database technologies, such as PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in using AWS services such as Fargate, Lambda, S3, Kinesis, SQS and RDS
- Experience building and supervising an engineering team
- Experience with Git source control
- Ability to work in an agile environment and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $160K - $180K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at https://transfrinc.com/
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.