Samsung Research America is hiring a
Lead SoC Architect
The Samsung SOC Lab vision provides innovative SoC architecture, bus / memory subsystem, multimedia subsystems and key IP blocks for future Samsung Galaxy products (Smartphones, tablets and future devices). We are defining the high performance SoC architecture development for various Galaxy device lineups. This lab collaborates with Samsung's strategic SoC partners, Samsung MX headquarter team, and key R&D teams around the globe to innovate and reinvent technology that will positively impact millions of people around the world via the Galaxy flagship products.
We are looking for a Principal SoC Architect to lead and drive the definition of new SoC architectures and features for next generation mobile products. This senior leadership role will identify and assess emerging and existing use cases and propose innovative SoC architectures to efficiently support them. This role will leverage your solid foundation in architecture, leadership, and SoC design experience. The SOC Lab is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have influence on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Define innovative architectures, SoC specification requirements, from ideation to Post silicon evaluation, for future Samsung smartphones and tablets
- Analyze computing blocks including CPU, GPU, NPU, Fabric, System Cache, DRAM controllers and derive state-of-the-art SoC architecture optimizing multimedia subsystems (ISP, Media, display controllers)
- Evaluate and optimize performance for mobile SoCs leveraging SoC evaluation methodology and tools
- Analyze smartphone user workload and perform system-level optimization to improve SoC performance and power efficiency, overall SoC HW and SW
- Assess the impact of system-level architectural trade-offs (including CPU, GPU, NPU, ISP, Fabric, System cache and DRAM, and system software).
- Build and develop complex SoC performance models including CPU, GPU, ISP, NPU, System Cache, DRAM controller and Fabric – particularly around smartphone and mobile platforms
- Perform high-level performance modeling and analysis of SoC hardware features, applications, benchmarks, and complex uses cases.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, analyze and optimize critical complex use cases including gaming and camera applications. Leverage a data driven approach to drive consensus around complex architectural proposals.
- Define HW-based security architecture.
- BSc, Masters in Computer Science/Engineering or comparable 15+ years of experience.
- Experience in architectural modeling and performance analysis, either with analytical models, or cycle-accurate simulators.
- Knowledge of ARM CPU, Interconnect and bus protocols and memory subsystem design - including cache subsystems, GPU, NPU, ISP, Media accelerators, Display pipe, Sensor Hub, Audio processing, Power management and Security infrastructure across the SoC. Communication stack [Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE].
- Comfortable with independent specification, analysis and development from high level concepts through design and validation
- Experience focused on collaborative development with software and hardware engineering
- Experience delivering low power SoC architectures, knowledge of power management
- Good written and verbal communication skill
- Ph.D or Masters. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 12+ years of experience in SOC or ASiC design and architecture.
- Excellent software development skills and able to code in C, C++, python and similar programming languages
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.