Samsung Research America is hiring a
Lead SoC Performance Architect
The Samsung SOC Lab vision provides innovative SoC architecture, bus / memory subsystem, multimedia subsystems and key IP blocks for future Samsung Galaxy products (Smartphones, tablets and future devices). We are defining the high performance SoC architecture development for various Galaxy device lineups. This lab collaborates with Samsung's strategic SoC partners, Samsung MX headquarter team, and key R&D teams around the globe to innovate and reinvent technology that will positively impact millions of people around the world via the Galaxy flagship products.
We are looking for a Lead SOC Performance Architect to build a team and execute analysis and modelling of new SoC architectures and features for next generation mobile products. Solid architecture foundation, leadership, and SoC modelling experience is desired for success for this leadership role. This will be a key lead role orchestrating your vision while providing leadership and technical direction to your team.
- Build a team while guiding high-level performance modeling and analysis of hardware features, applications, benchmarks, and uses cases across that team.
- Analyze system-level architectural trade-offs (across mapping of workload to CPU, GPU, NPU, ISP, memory subsystems, and system software). Right size IPs within PPA constraint.
- Develop complex SoC performance models to help evaluate PPA (power, performance, area) targets including CPU, GPU, ISP, NPU – particularly around mobile platforms.
- Leverage Industry standard tools and/or create in house tools to speed up performance evaluation and analysis.
- Work across the organization to analyze workload and decompose, map workload components to IPs to optimize system performance, energy.
- Working with teams [Application, OS, Driver] to identify, analyze and optimize critical complex use cases including immersive, camera, AI, Display, Multimedia and gaming applications.
- Evaluate architecture proposal performance benefits in collaboration with SoC Architects and communicate the results across related engineering audiences (SW, HW, Architecture, Leadership).
- Grow the SoC performance modelling team to successfully deliver “SoC Architecture Laboratory” objectives.
- BSc, Masters or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 20+ years of experience in SOC or ASiC design and architecture.
- Experience growing and leading teams in SOC Architecture and Performance
- Proficiency in architecture analysis and performance modeling, ranging from simple analytical models to complex cycle accurate performance model and correlation.
- Experience with industry standard performance and power modelling tools.
- Deep experience modelling SoC architectures and understanding the challenges involved in integrating internal/external IP and analyzing system-level performance and behavior.
- Strong modelling and simulator development skills and able to code in C, C++, python and similar programming languages.
- Knowledge of ARM CPU, Interconnect and bus protocols and memory subsystem design - including cache subsystems, GPU, NPU, ISP, Media accelerators, Display pipe, Sensor Hub, Audio processing, Power management and Security. infrastructure across the SoC. Communication stack [Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE].
- Ability to evaluate architecture proposals, internal and external IP features.
- Leadership across hardware, software, and platform groups to align all parties to a common vision.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.