Samsung Research America is hiring a
Lead System Architect – Android OS, Driver
The Samsung SOC Lab vision provides innovative SoC architecture, bus / memory subsystem, multimedia subsystems and key IP blocks for future Samsung Galaxy products (Smartphones, tablets and future devices). We are defining the high performance SoC architecture development for various Galaxy device lineups. This lab collaborates with Samsung's strategic SoC partners, Samsung MX headquarter team, and key R&D teams around the globe to innovate and reinvent technology that will positively impact millions of people around the world via the Galaxy flagship products.
We are looking for a Lead System Architect to build a team of experts [Android OS, Driver] to model the effect of OS scheduler, IP drivers on SoC architectures and features for next generation mobile products. This SOC segment role will be a hands-on leader focused on guiding team approach to SW [Android OS, Driver] modeling and simulation. This role will support system and SoC architect, optimize and deliver leading SoCs on the Galaxy platform powering smartphones, tablets, wearables and technology beyond.
- Build a team of architects while helping on development of architecture and performance model for SoC to help optimize performance, power and area on various targeted workloads in next generation SoCs.
- Model the OS scheduler, Driver behavior on our SoCs to help analyze the concurrent use cases.
- Evaluate architecture proposal in collaboration with team of SoC Architects and communicate the results to engineering audiences (SW, HW, Architecture, Leadership).
- Perform OS scheduler, Driver behavioral modeling, simulation and analysis of SoCs features for specified applications, benchmarks, and complex uses cases.
- Collaborate and orchestrate use case, application performance studies to support OS, Driver features in the next generation SoC architecture based on performance, area or power improvement.
- Drive OS, driver changes in collaboration with the software design team and articulate them effectively across audiences ranging from hardware & software engineers to architecture community peers, and to technology leadership.
- Collaborate with silicon bring-up and product teams to verify and debug OS scheduler, Driver issues and its power and performance implications.
- Drive changes to OS scheduler, Driver code, FW algorithms to optimize Performance and power for use cases.
- Collaborate across teams to bring new architectural proposals to fruition across the SOC, Driver, OS, System through detailed documentations.
- BSc, Masters or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Prior direct experience, 15+ years, in Applications, FW, Driver, OS development.
- High proficiency in system architecture modeling, ranging from simple analytical models to complex accurate model and correlation.
- Ability to leverage existing simulation capabilities [GEM5, FastSIM, Platform Architect] or create new simulation capabilities when necessary.
- Working knowledge of SoC Architecture, modeling and analysis tools.
- Leadership across hardware, software, and platform groups to align all parties to a common vision.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.