Roblox is hiring a
Machine Bootstrap - Principal Software Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer in Roblox's Compute Group's Machine Bootstrap pod, you'll directly influence the evolution of our Private Cloud. Reporting to Kilian Ciuffolo, the EM for the Machine Management layer, you will build products to streamline provisioning and monitoring across our infrastructure, significantly improving capacity delivery, uptime, and OS security.
Develop and maintain the Machine Agent for efficient hardware/software monitoring, runtime updates, and secure machine access.Take charge of the machine lifecycle remote control, ensuring smooth functioning at all times.Handle OS installation, firmware provisioning, and secure recycling processes.Build and maintain a robust framework for HW/OS/Kernel validation and performance tuning.Provide abstraction across cloud and on-premise systems, supporting stateful services.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Leadership experience as Tech Lead.
- Design and cross-functional experience in delivering big projects over multiple quarters.
- Prefer building autonomous systems over ops and repetitive tasks.
- Like and understand the importance of documentation for large scale systems.
- Care deeply about production health and reliable, sustainable production systems.
- Customer, team, and quality oriented.
- Driven towards action.
- No experience required in this specific area of infrastructure, but being excited about the problem space is a must.
- A solution-oriented innovator
- Detail-oriented and adaptable to fast-paced, evolving environments.
- Committed to process improvement.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.