Posted Aug 4
Magic Leap is hiring a
Manager, Manufacturing Engineer
If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills and play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
Job DescriptionThe EP Manufacturing Engineering Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of the maintenance, tooling, and engineering departments, facilitating efficient manufacturing operations across the organization.
- Implements, and refines product development, testing, and manufacturing processes.
- Manages staff and assigns tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
- Leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Oversees project logistics and resource allocation.
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste.
- Secures the resources needed for teams to excel, including researching and proposing capital investments.
- Helps to create and oversee project budgets and engages in cost management strategies.
- Attends trade shows and conferences, and makes site visits to suppliers’ facilities.
- Advocates on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for success.
- Communicates technical information to non-technical stakeholders, including investors and potential customers.
- Assures that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates with other team leaders and departments.
- Forges and maintains relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Dives Continuous Improvement activities
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with other manufacturing managers and leadership to set and assess priorities across teams.
- Assesses cost effectiveness and feasibility of manufacturing processes; makes and implements recommendations to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supervises tooling operations, ensuring all work is performed accurately and according to quality and safety standards.
- Provides guidance and oversight in development and execution of plant renovations and expansions; coordinates outside contractors and vendors.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor and/or other appropriate leadership with programs, activities, and responsibilities of the maintenance department.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and guidelines, including EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Prepares and implements the departmental budget.
- Personnel and project management skills
- Expert-level knowledge of sector technology and processes
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership, teambuilding, and mentoring skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Data analytics skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools a plus
- Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms
- Experience using System Applications and Products (SAP) software
- Thorough understanding of plant engineering, industrial engineering, and tooling.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare budgets and records.
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- BS in engineering required
- 4-5 years relevant work experience
- 1-2 years management experience
- Master’s degree in engineering or MBA a plus
- Certified in six sigma (Green /Black Belt)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.